Regional Development Plans (implementation) Act, 2013 (1956)
Date of Royal Seal Date of Publication
2013.7.15 (31 Oct. 1956) 2013.7.27 (12 Nov. 1956)
Date of Authentication and
1. Some Nepal Laws (Amendment and Remanagement) Act, 2020 (1964) 2020.11.16 (28 Feb.1964)
2. Republic Strengthening and Some Nepal Laws Amendment Act, 2066
(2010)1 2066.10.7(21 Jan. 2010)
Act Number 10 of the year 2013 (1956)
An Act Made To Implement Regional Multiple Plans
Whereas, it is expedient to maintain the economic interest of the general public by making provisions to expeditiously implement multi-purpose development plans in any regions; Now, therefore, be it enacted and promulgated by His Majesty the King on the advice of the Council of Ministries.
1. Short Title And Commencement
(2) It shall come into force at immediately
2. Notification Of Development Regions
The Government of Nepal may prepare a multi-purpose plan for the development of any prescribed areas and, by a notice published, as a development region.
3. Powers Of The Government Of Nepal In Relation To Development Regions
After publishing a notice pursuant to Section 2, the Government of Nepal may do as follows:
(a) To direct to make survey by designated officers who shall have powers to enter into any land.
(b) To make roads, banks, canals as required to implement development plans and do similar other acts.
4. Powers Of The Government Of Nepal To Acquire Land
(2) Such a land shall be acquired in accordance with the Act in force for the time being in relation to the acquisition of land. Provided that, no compensation shall be provided in relation to a land that has remained barren since Two years ago; and if the Government of Nepal wishes to sell any developed land within the developed area to any person other than those from whom the Government of Nepal has acquired the land without compensation shall not be entitled to buy the land until that other persons buy such developed land subject to the Rules framed under Section 5.
5. Powers Of The Government Of Nepal To Frame Rules
(1) The Government of Nepal may frame Rules for the accomplishment of
the objectives of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the powers conferred by Sub-section (1), the Rules may provide for the
(a) The manner and modus operandi of the implementation of works.
(b) The nature of the right to possession of the developed land and the terms and conditions on which the buyers of such land and their heirs can possess such a land
6. Inconsistency With The Laws In Force
This Act shall continue to come into force despite that it is inconsistent with any Nepal law in force for the time being.
(Source: Nepal Law Commission)
Disclaimer: NepalArchives.Com has published Regional Development Plans (Implementation) Act,2013 (1956) for the purpose of reference and information only, which were obtained from Nepal Government sources. If you found any discrepancies or misinformation with the content in this webpage, please kindly let us know and also refer to authorized sources of Nepal Government to get certified version of Regional Development Plans (Implementation) Act,2013 (1956). NepalArchives.Com taken no guaranty of authenticity or existing validity of the contents in this webpage.