Rajya Rajauta (petty States And Rulers) Act, 2017 (1961)
Date of Authentication and Publication
2017.12.27(9 April 1961)
1. State Principality (Amendment) Act, 2019(1963) 2019.12.30(12 April 1963)
2. Act Amending, Repealing,and Re managing and Continuing Some Nepal Acts, 2019 (1963) 2019.12.30(12April1963)
3. State Principality (Second Amendment) Act, 2024(1967) 2024.6.11(27 Sept. 1967)
4. State Principality (Third Amendment) Act, 2044(1987) 2044.6.9(25 Sept. 1987)
5. Republic Strengthening and Some Nepal Laws Amendment Act, 2066(2010)2066.10.7(21 Jan. 2010)
Act Number 32 of the year 2017 (1961)
An Act Made To Make Timely Provisions Relating To States And Principalities
Whereas, it is expedient to make timely provisions in relation to states and principalities of kings with a view to maintaining cordial relations between the people of different classes, occupations or regions3 by further consolidating the national unity forged by His Majesty King Prithvi Narayan Shah Dev. Now, therefore, His Majesty the King has made this Act in accordance with Article 93 of the Constitution of Nepal.
1. Short Title, Extension And Commencement
(1) This Act may be called as âState Principalities Act, 2017 (1961)â.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of â¦â¦. Nepal.
(3) It shall come into force immediately.
2. Termination Of State Principalities
(2) Upon the commencement of this Act, no person shall be entitled to exercise any power in the capacity of any such state principality.
5. State Land Revenue To Be Converted Into Government Land Revenue
(2) Until another order of the Government of Nepal, the land revenue offices as referred to in Sub-section (1) shall do all acts as required to be done for the recovery of revenue as usual, for the Government of Nepal.
6. Worshipping Trust May Be Maintained
Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in this Act, where any state principalities maintained pursuant to the then laws have conducted or caused to be conducted worshipping at any Devalaya, shrines, temples until the last
day of the month of Chaitra of the year 2064(2007), except where separate source of income has been provided for the operation of such Devalaya, shrines, temples, the Trust Corporation (Guthi Sansthan) established pursuant to the prevailing law shall make provision for making necessary expenses for the operation of worshipping trust from
the incomes of State Trust as usual, as per the order issued by the Government of Nepal, for the operation of the worshipping having been conducted at such Devalaya, shrines, temples.
The Acts, Sawals and other deeds existed until the previous day of the commencement of this Act in relation to the states and state principalities withinâ¦â¦â¦..12 Nepal shall be deemed to be repealed or amended in a manner to be consistent with this Act.
(Source: Nepal Law Commission)
Disclaimer: NepalArchives.Com has published Rajya Rajauta (Petty States and Rulers) Act, 2017 (1961) for the purpose of reference and information only, which were obtained from Nepal Government sources. If you found any discrepancies or misinformation with the content in this webpage, please kindly let us know and also refer to authorized sources of Nepal Government to get certified version of Rajya Rajauta (Petty States and Rulers) Act, 2017 (1961). NepalArchives.Com taken no guaranty of authenticity or existing validity of the contents in this webpage.