Pasture Land Nationalization Act, 2031 (1974)
(1) The Government of Nepal shall, on recommendation of the committee formed as per the
Rules, determine reasonable amount of compensation to be provided to the landholders of the pasture land nationalized pursuant to Section 3.
Such a committee shall consist of, inter alia, the president of the concerned District Development Committee 6 , Chairperson 7 of the local Village Development Committee 8 or their representatives.
(2) The Land Revenue Office shall affix a notice for the information to the concerned landholders, and calling upon them to show up to receive the amount of compensation as referred to in Sub-section (2).
(3) A landholder shall make an application, accompanied by the evidence of his or her title and possession, to the concerned Land Revenue Office, to obtain compensation within one year after
the date of affixation of notice as referred to in Sub-section (2).
Provided that, if any person fails to make application even within One year after the date of affixation of notice, the person shall not be entitled subsequently to make any claim on the compensation.
(4) The Land Revenue Office shall make necessary examination of the applications made pursuant to Sub-section (3)
and give compensation to the landholders on pro rata of the land revenue/tariff.
Provided that, if there arises any question on the right to compensation or the figure of compensation, the Land Revenue Office shall provide compensation as decided by the court.
5. Arrangement of pasture land : (1) The Government of Nepal shall cause the Land revenue Office to maintain separate inventory of the pasture land nationalized pursuant to Section 3 and assign the responsibility to the local Village Development Committee 9 for the protection of such land and pasturing.
Provided that, nothing contained in this Sub-section shall be deemed to prevent the Government of Nepal from providing the pasture land in which more than one Village Development Committee has right of way to more than one Village Development Committee.
(2) The local Village Development Committee 11 shall protect and reform the pasture land of which responsibility has been assigned to it pursuant to Sub-section (1), and not use, or cause to be used, the land for any other purpose except pasturing.
6. Land to be allowed for grazing upon collection of grazing fee : (1) The Village Development Committee shall allow the pasture land under its jurisdiction for the grazing by all animals including those animals who have been grazing there since ago by collecting the annual grazing fee at the rate of a maximum of Three Rupees for each big animal including a yak, cow, buffalo, horse and mule and a maximum of One Rupee for each small animal including a he-goat, she-goat, ship and mountain goat.
(2) The grazing fee recovered pursuant to Sub-section (1) shall be credited to the fund of the Village Development
7. Power to give direction to Village Development Committee 12 : If the Government of Nepal so considers necessary,
it may give necessary direction to the Village Development Committee
13 for the protection, reform of the pasture land and pasturing, and it shall be the duty of the Village Development
Committee 14 to abide by such direction.
8. Power to frame Rules : The Government of Nepal may frame Rules to implement the objectives of this Act.
(Source: Nepal Law Commission)
Disclaimer: NepalArchives.Com has published Pasture Land Nationalization Act, 2031 (1974) for the purpose of reference and information only, which were obtained from Nepal Government sources. If you found any discrepancies or misinformation with the content in this webpage, please kindly let us know and also refer to authorized sources of Nepal Government to get certified version of Pasture Land Nationalization Act, 2031 (1974). NepalArchives.Com taken no guaranty of authenticity or existing validity of the contents in this webpage.