Minerals Survey (allowance And Privilege) Rules, 2024(1967)
Minerals Survey (Allowance and Privilege) Rules, 2024(1967)
Date of Publication in Nepal Gazettee:
Minerals Survey (Allowance and Privilege) (First Amendment) Rules, 2060 2060-11-25(08-03-2004 )
In exercising the power conferred by Section 2 of Administrative Procedure (Regulation) Act, 2013. The Government of Nepal has formulatedthe following Rules.
1. Short Title, extent and Commencement:
(1) These Rules may be called as âMinerals Survey (Allowance and Privilege) Rules, 2024â.
(2) These Rules shall only be applicable to the functions related to minerals survey.
(3) These Rule shall came into force immediately.
2. Definition: Unless the subject or contexts otherwise requires, in
(a) âMinerals Surveyâ means all types of geological survey, geo-physical, geo-chemical, geo environmental
and urban geological study or research, survey and research, mineral explore and exploration, mine inspection and evaluation works that has done for the development of mines and minerals industry
and has been conducted on behalf of Government of Nepal.
(b) âMinerals Exploration Teamâ means the team of Government employee deployed for the job of
exploration of minerals.
(c) âTeam leaderâ means the leader of the minerals exploration team.
(d) âMinerals Exploration Officeâ means the temporary office of the minerals exploration team and this word
also refers the field survey camp of minerals exploration team.
(f) âWage Laborâ means temporary labor or partner kept on wage basis, to perform the duty of security,
transfer, taking care and any other required job of the goods related to minerals survey.
(g) âTopographical Mapâ means the map showing the village- settlement, roads, river, etc. and containing
the various scale of Natural land and structure of Nepal and published by Government of Nepal or a
body authorized by Government of Nepal.
(g1) âDepartmentâ means department of mines and geology of Government of Nepal.
6(h) âDirector Generalâ means the director general of the department.
2A Approval to be taken for mineral survey: The leader of the team to be deployed for the minerals survey shall prepare a cost estimate. of number of labour, required equipments, machines, goods & expenses for the survey works under the annual program of the Department and shall conduct the survey by taking the approval of
Director General or according to this order.
3. 8Wage labor may be hired: (1) The team leader of the survey team may hire laborers prescribed in schedule 1 for the survey work, not exceeding the number prescribed by schedule 2 to work in wage basis by taking the permission of the director general. Provided that, the number of wage laborer required for a higher place than three thousand meter or in remote mountain areas where the laborers cannot be available in general shall be as
prescribed by the Director General.
(2) The labors hired pursuant to Sub-rule (1) shall perform the jobs related to minerals survey and prescribed by the team leader. Provided that, in case of porters, the team leader shall manage that each porter shall have not less than thirty kilogram of baggage.
(3) The person involving in jobs related to exploration like trenching, pitting (person exploring the mines) shall dig at least 0.5 cubic meters in a day and shall cut at 5 centimeter in depth and Tem centimeter in width half meter rock with sample cutter.
4. 9Remuneration of Wage Labourer: Team leader shall give the wage to the wage laborer working pursuant to Rule 3 in the rate as determined by the local bodies/ authorities.
5. Special privilege of daily and travel allowance : The employee of the mine exploration team-
(a) Shall get the full daily allowance for the days for which he/she have to travel out of his/her area or stay in the night for the works related to mineral survey.
(b) If he/she has been travelling for the works related to minerals exploration, the distance seen by the topographical
map has been considered if in Terai and the distance seen by such map increasing by 1.5 times has been considered for other area and shall get the travel allowance as prescribed by prevailing law.
10(c) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Rules related to financial administration, 2056 the minimum distance that have to be travelled by an employee deployed in minerals survey works shall be as determined by the department.
115a. The privileges related to minerals survey shall be provided: The department shall provide the privileges like aeroplane, train, boat, rafting, bus or vehicle facility and scientific equipment, utensils, weapons, Karkajana, lights, medicines and the camping materials mentioned in Schedule-3 as per the need for the employee of the minerals survey team in the context of the works related to minerals survey.
6. Other facilities : (1) The employee of the mineral survey team – (a) Except the remuneration and allowance
mentioned in Rule 5 shall get the allowance for the difficult job as mentioned in 12Schedule -4.
(c) The clothes and its sewing charge and shoes facilities as written in 14Schedule-5, once in a
(2) If the team leader thinks appropriate, he/she may take required amount as the advance for the daily and travel allowance
7. Advance may be provided: 15Director General may provide the required amount for mineral survey as an advance in time and again, in a responsibility of the team leader.
8. The Account of the Mineral Survey: (1) The administrative officer or employee deployed by the 16director general to join the minerals survey team shall submit the account by preparing it under the control/supervision of the team leader.
(2) In relation to the account and expenditure related to the mineral survey the team leader and the administrative officer or employee deployed pursuant to Sub-rule (1) shall be jointly liable/responsible.
17 8a. The schedule may be changed: Government of Nepal, by publishing a notice on Nepal Gazette may make required change in the Schedules.
13 Deleted by First Amendment.
14 Amended by First Amendment.
15 Amended by First Amendment.
16 Amended by First Amendment.
17 Inserted by First amendment
18 Amended by First Amendment.
1. Camp worker
a) If the minerals survey team contains at least Two employees. Up to Four Persons
b) If the minerals survey team contain more than Four employees. Up to Eight Persons
a) Except the minerals survey team deployed for detail minerals survey work, the other survey team shall generally
get the privilege of ten porters and one leader of the porters and also get the privilege of porters depending on the
machines and equipments to be taken with the team.
b) If more than one employee has been deployed in the minerals survey team than each employee may keep /hire
c) The number of porters carrying the dangerous and sensitive equipments that has to be taken by a mineral survey team deployed for calibration in the seismic stations under the minerals survey shall be as specified by the director general.
d) The minerals survey team deployed for Geo-physical survey shall get the privilege of the following porters for the
following jobs in addition to the porters mentioned in clause
1. For IP survey up to Twelve persons
2. For resistivity survey up to Five persons
3. For gravity survey up to Five persons
4. For magnetic survey up to Five persons
(3) Survey helper
(a) Each technical officer deployed in the minerals survey team shall get the privilege of survey helper at the rate of two persons.
(b) In addition to clause (a), the minerals survey team may keep the following survey helper for the following survey:-
(1) Tape compass survey (section measurement), each survey team up to Three persons
(2) Plain table survey, each survey team up to Four persons
(3) Theodolite survey, each survey team up to Four persons
(4) Geo-chemical survey, each survey team up to Four persons
(5) For Engineering Geology Survey:
a) S.P.T. Test, each survey up to Eight persons
b) Auger Drilling, each machine up to Four persons
(6) For Geo-physical Survey:
(a) For fixing the station up to four persons
(b) For I.P. survey up to eighteen persons
(c) For resistivity survey up to five persons
(d) For magnetic survey up to four persons
(e) For gravity mineral
exploration up to twelve persons
f) For gravity survey that has to be done for petroleum
(1) For theodolite up to four persons
(2) For leveling up to six persons
(3) Gravity reading & inner zone terrain correction reading up to five persons
(4) For telescope compass up to six persons
(5) for each G.P.S. up to two persons
(a) If the minerals survey office and mineral exploration site are in different places, the required number of guards for the protection of the machine and equipments that has been kept in the exploration site by the detail mineral
(b)If a survey team have to keep the machine and equipments in the same region even after finishing the minerals survey work in a place, for the use of another mineral survey to be conducted by another survey team or for the next mineral survey than the required guards for the proper protection of such machine and equipments.
20Schedule-3 (Related to Rule 5A)
The goods to be provided for the minerals survey work
Facilities related to camping such as Double and Single Fly tent, tent, camp cut, sleeping bag, rug, mat and mattress, folding table and chairs, rug sack and duffler bag and stationary goods, survey goods, machinery equipment and other required goods for the minerals survey.
20 Inserted by First amendment
(Related to Clause (a) of Sub-rule(1) of Rule 6)
21 Inserted by First amendment
(Related to clause (c) of Sub-rule (1) of Rule (6)
1. Field Dress – 10 meters for 2 pairs.
2. Field Boot – 1 pair
(a) For Gazetted Employee Cotton gabardine for field dress or the clothes with equipment quality.
(b) For other employee, cotton jean for field dress or the clothes with same quality.
22 Inserted by First amendment
(Source: Nepal Law Commission)
Disclaimer: NepalArchives.Com has published Minerals Survey (Allowance and Privilege) Rules, 2024(1967 for the purpose of reference and information only, which were obtained from Nepal Government sources. If you found any discrepancies or misinformation with the content in this webpage, please kindly let us know and also refer to authorized sources of Nepal Government to get certified version of Minerals Survey (Allowance and Privilege) Rules, 2024(1967. NepalArchives.Com taken no guaranty of authenticity or existing validity of the contents in this webpage.